Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting ready for the weekend

Great opportunity for the Fighting Squirrels this weekend in Santa Cruz. Tomorrow (Saturday) at 2pm we take on #17 Pomona-Pitzer. On Sunday we have an amazing doubleheader. At 9am we take on red hot #10 Cal Lutheran followed by #1 UC Santa Cruz. Talk about a great weekend of play!

We have been in the Bay area the past few days getting used to the beautiful weather, enjoying the sites and hitting. Thanks to the Stanford coaches for letting us use their varsity courts for an afternoon hit yesterday.

Speaking of thanks. Big HUGE thanks to the Fuchs and Deming family during our Portland trip. Both families opened the homes (and kitchens) to the team and we were treated like royalty! Personally I think both families should open B and B's when they retire from their real jobs:) We are currently staying at the Solomon house in Los Gatos. As a coach I feel very lucky to have some many wonderful families helping us out during our long trip.

Speaking of trip I wonder if we have the longest college tennis trip of the year...11 nights on the road! I have to say that the trip has flown by and we are having a great time. Having such a quality group of guys makes the trip incredibly enjoyable. I think I speak for all when I say we are all having a blast.

For tomorrow matches I'll twitter updates when possible.

No comments: