Friday, February 4, 2011

USTA Campus Showdown = Alumni Showdown

Recently the USTA/ITA started a new program called the Campus Showdown. These events are one-day, open tennis events held on college campuses. I figured hosting a campus showdown would be a great way for some of the guys to play extra matches. I didn't figure on the alumni getting wind of the event and coming out to play! Saturday's Whitman Campus Showdown will feature 8 Whitman alumni, 6 current team members and 2 PNW junior players. So really this is a Whitman tennis alumni showdown!

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this event. Besides the tennis I'm excited to see Whitman alumni Justin Hayashi ('09), Thomas Roston ('10), Nadeem Kassam ('10), David Deming ('10), Steven Ly ('07), Robbie Munday ('07), and Brad Changstrom ('05). Rounding out the alumni group is assistant coach Jake Cappel ('10).

Great alumni-player match ups on Saturday:
Conor Holton-Burke vs Robbie Monday
Adriel Borskansky vs Justin Hayashi
Matt Tesmond vs Nadeem Kassam
Quin Miller vs David Deming
Will Huskey vs Jake Cappel
Steven Roston vs Steven Ly

Singles matches start at 9am and doubles should start around 2pm. Below is a video preview for the showdown.



1 comment:

Jasper said...

Holy Smokes, this is the greatest event ever! I absolutely freakin' love you guys! Wish I could be there!